Sunday 27 March 2011

Twitter ban for Lent: 19 days and counting...

I'm not going to lie to you, giving up Twitter for Lent has been one of the hardest things I have ever had to do but I am determined to make sure I see it through to Easter Sunday.

When I decided to give it up for Lent, I knew it was going to be difficult and the first few days were by far the toughest. It was very interesting, however, to see how many times during the first 72 hours I picked up my iPhone and my finger hovered just above the Twitter application. Thankfully I did not crack in these early stages but I think a busy week at work and the constant barracking from a colleague that I would "never do it" really helped me.


As I am sure you know, Sundays are exempt in Lent because they are "feast days" so when the first Sunday arrived it was such a relief to be able to catch up on what people on the world of Twitter have been up to and update my status to my followers - which have grown in number since I left Twitter! (Maybe less is more?)
Sundays have and I am sure will continue to prove useful in helping me in my quest - I just hope I don't appear to be bombarding everyone's Tweet deck! I am sure you would tell me if I were?

The one thing this experience has shown me already is that I might be a little bit obsessed with the wonderful world of Twitter and it will be interesting to see how much I use it on a day-to-day basis once Lent is over.



I have also had a couple of sponsors for my Twitter silence but it would still be great if others could also sponsor me with the money going towards the Bobby Moore Fund's Project Namibia. You can help me keep focused by clicking here and donating something as small as £5 or by pledging to donate once I complete the challenge. Any pledges can be sent to davidblackmore@hotmail.co.uk with the subject headline of Twitter ban for Lent.

It has proven to be a really difficult challenge so far but I am sure that now I have got past the initial stage of temptation, I will be able to complete this quest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home