Friday 25 March 2011

How many tricks can you teach a young whippersnapper?

I have been very fortunate that I have been thrown in front of a camera and told to "present my socks off" for a couple of videos for the EDP website this month.

With the role of the modern day news reporter constantly evolving to embrace new technology and to reach out to a new audience, I jumped at the chance to turn my hand to a spot of presenting.

My first assignment was to go to Snettisham in West Norfolk earlier this month to interview a few villagers after an outrageous 'review' of the Rose and Crown by restaurant critic AA Gill published in the Sunday Times in which he described the county as "the hernia on the end of England".

Despite it being a freezing cold afternoon, I really enjoyed my first taste of life in front of the camera and here is the result:

Video: Norfolk residents hit back at restaurant critic AA Gill

After a couple of positive comments, pats on the back and a little constructive criticism, I was looking forward to getting another chance to get back in front of the camera for a new video.

My chance came yesterday afternoon when the FA Vase trophy arrived at The Walks - the home of King's Lynn Town FC. The trophy was brought up from Wembley and arrived at the ground at around 1pm giving the management a closer look at it ahead of Town's FA Vase semi-final first leg against Coalville Town on Saturday.

Despite a media frenzy and a primary school class turning up at exactly the wrong time to pose with the trophy, I managed to get an interview with joint boss Gary Setchell on camera and all my bits in front of the camera in one take - here is the result:


Exclusive video: King’s Lynn Town FC welcomes FA Vase trophy to The Walks






I appreciate that neither of these videos are of professional quality but I am proud of them. I hope my bosses also like them and decide to unleash me around my patch to make more videos soon..!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home