Thursday 3 February 2011

Project Namibia: The hard work starts here...


Today I am launching a fundraising drive to raise £4,000 so that I can take part in the Bobby Moore Fund's Project Namibia in June.

The project will see a group of volunteers travel to the Tubusis settlement in the Damaraland region of Namibia and spend 10 days giving Tubusis Primary School a much-needed facelift.

The school consists of eight classrooms plus a library and although the school buildings are in reasonably good shape structurally, they are in need of general repairs to walls, paint work, doors, ceilings and windows. The building that houses the library, however, is in a really bad condition and requires a major revamp including the installation of new floors and proper furniture, the conversion of part of the library into a computer room and the provision of books to stock the library.

There will also be the chance for the project team to create a football pitch on the school grounds - something we are take for granted here. I am really looking forward to travelling out to Africa later this year and hopefully making a huge difference to the lives of all the pupils at Tubusis Primary School.

In order to confirm my place on the project, I need to raise £4,000 and I will be using my blog over the next couple of months to update you on the ups and downs of my fundraising drive.

The easiest way for you to help me is to visit www.justgiving.com/davidblackmore4 and donate as much as you can. You can also press the "like" button on my fundraising page which will alert all your Facebook friends to my fundraising efforts.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home