Wednesday 16 February 2011

Massive boost for my Project Namibia fundraising drive

I had an exciting call from an organisation in Downham Market yesterday about a large donation towards my fundraising pot for the Bobby Moore Fund's Project Namibia. The call came completely out of the blue and has really lifted my spirits.

I mentioned last week that I was hoping to build on my early momentum and push hard towards the £4,000 I need to raise to go out to Africa in June to revamp a small village school whilst also raising money for the Bobby Moore Fund but I was not expecting the phonecall from this organisation at around 3pm yesterday. 

I have decided not to name the organisation just yet because previous experience has taught me that until you have a cheque in your hand, nothing is for certain but I hope to be given a cheque for a substantial amount from this organisation shortly. On putting down the phone from a member of this organisation, I was delighted and it was obvious to everyone in the office that I had been given good news as I was grinning like a Chesire cat! It is moments like this that really gives me a buzz and motivates me to push as hard as I can so that I can reach my fundraising target.

You can help me raise money for bowel cancer research and also help children in Namibia have a better life by visiting www.justgiving.com/davidblackmore4 and donating as much as you can. If you have any fundraising ideas or are a business and could sponsor me feel free to e-mail me on davidblackmore@hotmail.co.uk

For more information about the Bobby Moore Fund click here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home