Saturday 3 December 2011

Hairdresser clocks up 24 hours for Macmillan Cancer Support

While many people were making their way into work on Friday morning, King's Lynn hairdresser Vicky Redhead was clocking off after a 24-hour charity “chop-a-thon”. Vicky cut 40 people’s hair in total at Everybody Hair Salon, in Lynn, between 9am on Thursday and 9am on Friday and raised more than £1,500 for Macmillan Cancer Support. She decided to raise funds for the charity in honour of her brother Mark who was diagnosed with terminal cancer earlier this year and I was delighted to be the last appointment of her marathon effort.

I found out about her "chop-a-thon" through Twitter (her username is @vickredhead) whilst at Hospital Radio Lynn on Thursday evening and after my show I popped down to see if she could squeeze me in. As I approached the salon, there was a bouncer on the door which I thought was strange but correctly assumed it was for safety reasons. After persuading the big bouncer to let me in, I saw that Vicky already had a client but she said she had a space at 8am on Friday and I signed up to be her last appointment.

On arriving at the salon on Friday morning, I have to admit I was a little worried. Vicky had been cutting hair for 23 hours straight and looked completely drained and here I was sat in the chair surrounded by sharp scissors and razors! But she was "in the zone" and I couldn't fault her at all. I was so pleased to have been her last appointment and to have seen the look in her face when she realised her marathon effort was over. She should be so proud of herself because she raised a fantastic amount of money for charity and I'm sure she had a good sleep when she got home!




1 Comments:

At 15 July 2013 at 08:16 , Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, this was a really good post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to generate a top
notch article… but what can I say… I hesitate a
lot and never manage to get nearly anything done.

hairdressers Edinburgh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home