Tuesday 24 January 2012

An embarrasing tale of mine aired to thousands across King's Lynn & West Norfolk

(@AdamNewstead)
In the run up to Christmas last year, I saw a tweet by Adam Newstead, the breakfast show presenter at my local radio station KLFM, which read: "So does anyone want me to write a song about them? Get in touch!". Now for those of you who don't know, Adam does a Song of the Day feature on his show and I have to admit most of them are pretty good - I would say the majority are good but I'm sure Adam will read this and I don't want him to get a big head!

Some of his recent efforts includes a song about ways to reduce your electric bill, a song about a guy called Mr Gymcredible and a song about a woman who is the biggest boyband fan in West Norfolk. So after reading his tweet, I sent a tweet straight back to him saying: "Me please!" but I didn't think any more of it until we entered 2012 and Adam got in touch wanting to know more about me to help him write a song. Here were his questions:

1. Who is the most famous person you've met? Tell us about it!
2. Any embarassing stories?
3. Tell us something interesting about you

I obviously sent him an essay in reply and somehow he managed to fight his way through all the rubbish I had sent him and wrote a song about the time I tried to go swimming at Guildford Leisure Centre in Surrey whilst stilll wearing my socks and I think it is bloody brilliant! 

Here it is:


For those of you wanting to hear the other songs that Adam (or @AdamNewstead) has done click here

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home